Kleiner Tourbericht

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Kleiner Tourbericht

Sorry, Leute, etwa die Hälfte meiner Freunde spricht kein Deutsch und ich bin zu faul, um zwei Mal den gleichen Text zu schreiben... :P

Airbourne München – Berlin

Monday, March 8, Munich

It’s cold. And windy. Still, Bryan and I meet at 5 o’clock outside of the Tonhalle. We’re the first ones to arrive, pole position for a nice spot in the front row. That, plus we’re on time to hear the soundcheck. Yay! Loud and clear, it feels like a free extra concert. They play Bottom of the Well, soo... here’s hoping they’re gonna play it sometime this tour. When the soundcheck’s over, we’re killing time chatting with the few other early people and we talk to the lone security guy outside that is freezing his ass off with us. After about an hour or so, I can’t really feel my toes anymore. And still, one more hour to go, counting minutes...

Shortly past seven we are allowed inside and we get the spots in the front, just where we wanted to be. Bryan in the middle, slightly to the right side, me in the middle, slightly on the left, in between, some really cool pals of Bryan. Good company.

Taking Dawn seem really arrogant, but there’s no escaping. After just one song the singer starts telling us that Airbourne are gonna be disappointed by us. Fuck you.

When Airbourne hit the stage, the madhouse is going wild. There’s a huge wall of people pushing us forward into the barriers. I could live with that, really, but hell, the barriers are just mid chest high. It fucking hurts! Just imagine you guys if the barriers were balls height, wouldn’t that be fun? Oh well, there ain’t no way but the hard way, so I grin and bear it. Streety’s laughing at me. If he knew he’d probably be laughing even more.

I glance over to where Bryan is. Yep, he’s banging, having a good time. There’s quite a fight for the front row but I am not going to move. Over my dead body, maybe. The crowd is absolutely wild and so is Airbourne, they seem really hungry and stoked with the response of the audience. They play a good mix of old favourites and new songs and the sound is crystal clear and loud as hell. Joel’s doing his infamous Tarzan stunt on the trusses. Woohoo, what a ride! When the concert’s finished I feel as if I’d been run over by a train repeatedly, but I’m totally high on adrenaline - and probably a fair amount of endorphine, too. Ow. Yay! Ow. Yay! I can’t make up my mind.

Bryan and I have a chat and a drink and then he’s gotta leave for home, gotta go back to work the next morning. Hope you had a good sleep at the office. ;) I go back to the hotel, exhausted and with a silly grin on my face. What a night.

The next morning I find some bruises, some in interesting places. But they’re a great reminder of a hot night.

Tuesday, March 9, Zürich

Home sweet home. Gosh, it feels very strange when the train drives by just where I live and I don’t get off it. Hmm... but I have better plans than going home. On to Zürich. My lover Bert is eagerly waiting for me, but there’s no time to play before the concert. Front row to the left. Nice quiet place. No fighting. Actually, the crowd is pretty tame, at least when compared to the barbarian Bavarians. :P But... they make up for it by singing their lungs out. It sounds great and Joel seems very happy with it. It’s nice to watch Airbourne perform as if there’s no tomorrow. I have no idea what it is but they seem like a beast unleashed. And I thought they were going wild in Munich.

Wednesday, March 10, Wiesbaden

When I drive into the station by train, I can see the Schlachthof on my right. Ahh... yes, just thinking of tonight makes my heart beat faster.

Matze is coming to this show, he even stays in the front row with me for a while until it gets too wild. It is getting really wild. Lots of surfing going on, at some point I get a foot in my face, I just hope the sole of his shoe’s not going to leave a lasting impression on my face. 8| I know I had a really good time, but I can’t remember any details. It’s all a bit blurry. Hmm... wait, didn’t Joel roll his eyes at me? Yes... and there’s a really nice guy on my right. We bang shoulder to shoulder. Somehow, we lose sight of each other when the concert is finished. Matze is leaving way too early for my taste, he’s gotta go to work the next morning, too. Oh man, work. Who invented that?! Matze and I get along great, he’s a really cool guy. When he’s on his way home I walk towards the exit, unsure whether to go to the bar... and I spot a woman with an Airbourne Crew Germany t’shirt! She smiles at me and we start talking. Turns out it’s Vampyr-1971, at the show with Rocktob who shows up just a minute later. We’re chatting a bit and decide to move over to the bar for a drink. That’s when my front row companion shows up again. They all turn out to be really nice folks and we’re having a great time.

Damn, if only I could remember the show. Hmm...

Thursday, March 11, Stuttgart

Time for the autograph session. Just as I want to get my Airbourne airguitar-special edition to have it signed that guy on the floor says... “is that her?” and unfolds a print of my photo from the internet. Turns out he is Zombie and he’s already having a great time. He’s there with his mate Manuel. The remaining wait for the guys to get to the session is suddenly very short and amusing. After having our stuff signed and a couple of pics taken the three of us get on the way to the LKA.

Damn, why is that autograph session so late when you have to get to the other end of the city to the concert venue? Oh well, we do get there, eventually, but there are already quite a few people there. No front row this time. Zombie and I are having a lot of fun anyway until... suddenly he disappears. No idea where he gets washed up but it must be a good spot cause I don’t see him again until after the concert. Manuel is with me longer, but when Airbourne get on stage, there’s a lot of pushing and shoving in all directions and we drift apart. No big deal, we’re having a great time anyway, but the crowd’s packed so tightly I am soaking wet in no time, trying hard to breathe, Asthma’s not exactly helpful now. It’s a really wild show, the difference to Munich is though that the people are not so much fighting, the mood’s not as grim and it’s more like the whole of the crowd is just trying to get closer to the front rather than pushing the people in front of them out of the way. Joel keeps praising the crowd and we do our best to sing and bang and push forward just a little more. At some point I can hear my ribs cracking dangerously, but they don’t break. And if, it wouldn’t be the first time and it certainly wouldn’t have stopped me from continuing my tour.

After the concert I meet again with Manuel and a little while later we find a very cheerful Zombie who can’t find his wardrobe chip anymore. I thoroughly search his pockets, ahem, but nope. No chip. Luckily, he does get his hoodie, jacket and bag back without it. We head back to the city and have a drink or two until it’s time for the two guys to make it to the airport for a very early flight to Berlin.

Saturday, March 13, Berlin

So here I am, in Berlin. Never been here before. Manuel AND Zombie have my mobile number, but no one deems it necessary to contact me to set a meeting time and place. I do find the little business card Manu had given me of his band and luckily his bro picks up the phone and gives me Manuel’s mobile number. When I call them they’re just finished watching a football match and head back into the city. Their pal Dago is directing me through the city to a place not far from Huxley’s where we meet for a beer before the show. Here I get to hear a very funny story about Zombie’s first experience with airport security. I don’t know if I’m allowed to tell it here, so maybe if you ask him nicely, he will tell the story himself. ;)

Of course, we are a little late again and when I come back from the loo, I can’t find Zombie or Manuel. Oookay, this seems a good time to change to my “regular” spot on the left of the stage. The audience is having a lot of fun, cheering, singing, even with Taking Dawn who get to find out what it’s like to have the crowd on their side. Yeah guys, keep being respectful and work for the love of the crowd and all will be fine. Even when Airbourne enter the stage, there is no big fight or pushing, just one big party. I had expected a much harder audience, but no, everyone’s friendly. I can see just fine from my spot and after a while a crowd surfer floating up to the front in the middle is catching my eye... it’s ZOMBIE! Wee! They are bringing him out on my side of the stage, but of course, not having a voice such as Joel’s, Zombie can’t hear me. When he gets a little closer I grab him by the shirt and pull him over. For the rest of the concert, we rock together and we even get offered some water for it and after the concert, a nice shake hands with Streety who’s making a habit of giving away all the guitar picks that are left after the concert. Thanks, mate!

Zombie and I continue partying until the early hours in the morning and it seems we’re still so high on that great show, we just don’t get tired.

This has been one of the best weeks in my life, hands down. And I can’t wait to be on the road again next weekend.

A word to all you rockers I met out there. It was great to meet you and if you see me again, don’t hesitate to talk to me, I’d be very happy to have a drink and a chat with you again. Please don’t be offended if I might not recognize you right away, due to an illness a couple of years ago, my memory’s playing tricks on me sometimes and I forget things and people. So sorry, please take no offense, just tell me again who you are and where we met. :D
      * * * Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light! * * *

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Starlight ()